- I am the only one who gets to blame my crankiness on PMS.
- Don't be afraid to use more olive oil--it's a healthy fat, it helps you better absorb vitamins and nutrients, and it tastes good on just about everything.
- Sometimes, even harder than asking for what you want is believing that other people want to give it to you.
- Having different politics from someone is not a license to be nasty. In person, or on Facebook.
- Never, under any circumstances, hit "Reply All" without looking carefully at the recipient list.
- As exciting as Tuesday night was for me, I am thankful that the election is over.
- Don't underestimate the power of well-shaped eyebrows (and if your fine motor skills are anything like mine, drop $12 every few weeks and let a professional wax them for you).
- It can be work to let yourself be taken care of by others, but it's important work to do.
- If you have a vagina (or love someone who does), get yourself a copy of The Female Brain by Dr. Louann Brizendine and read it cover to cover.
- Before attempting to figure out what you need to do to fix something, ask yourself whether there is something you could stop doing first.
love love LOVE these posts...I look forward to them every week!! Keep 'em comin' please :)
Once again, another brainwashed female who loves to remind herself that women are better than men. THE FEMALE BRAIN is a book full of bad science and borders on feminist propaganda. It consistently confuses neural structure (brain) with psychological function (mind, mental performance, emotions, behavior). This is a huge error. The author is extraordinarily fond of citing functional gender differences. She'll talk about differences in verbal output, memory, eye contact, thoughts about sex, emotions, divorce initiation, aggression, chilhood behaviors, etc. She'll say these functional effects are in the brain, repeatedly. Good scientific thinking doesn't confuse these things. Part of the work is to measure sex differences in the brain (e.g., anatomy, physiology, chemistry). A completely separate part of the work is to measure psychological variables (e.g., behaviors, cognitions, emotions, perceptions). The third, most essential part, is to discover true correlations between structure and function. Many of the most egregious and elementary errors of cognitive neuroscience occur when researchers attempt to localize psychological functions inside brain regions or chemicals. The book indulges in male bashing. That becomes immediately evident on the book flap: "Women will come away from this book knowing that they have a lean, mean communicating machine. Men will develop a serious case of brain envy." Oh really? The negative comments toward men are especially evident in the first third of the book. It seems like the author wants to take men down a few notches to make women feel good, if I'm not mistaken. I felt especially sad as the author discussed infants' facial gazing. She cited and over-interpreted research on facial gazing, projecting her issues onto her own son, who didn't gaze much at her face. I can say, having spent many years observing infants' looking behaviors, that infant boys are generally intrigued by faces, especially mothers' faces. If there are sex differences, they do not jump out. And if there are measurable differences, how does the author know that these things are innate? Insecure readers might doubt their own sanity when reading the thing, because the short book is supplemented by mind-numbing pages of citations to scientific journals. But as far as I know the articles Brizendine cites bear essentially no relationship to the propositions in the text of the book. She might as well have cited to passages in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." The methodology is the all-too-familiar incredible assertions supported by a Million Little Pieces of unrelated footnotes. This is dishonest and smells of an agenda, not science.
The key distinction between on-line roulette and live roulette is that the latter includes a supplier, whereas standard on-line roulette makes use of RNG know-how. Online roulette is a computerized model of the on line casino recreation roulette. Players place chips on numbers between zero and 36 which could be coated individually or by inserting bets 솔카지노 covering a spread of numbers. The Labouchère System is a progression betting technique just like the martingale but doesn't require the gambler to danger their stake as quickly with dramatic double-ups.
Post a Comment